FAQ - One-Time Payees

What is a valid business need for a one-time payment?

In general, one-time payment requests are intended for the following types of transactions: patient refunds, student tuition refunds (submitted by Student Financial Services), continuing education class refunds, and housing security deposit refunds.

Who should I contact to determine if my payee would be considered “one-time”?

Contact Accounts Payable at payables@finance.rutgers.edu for clarification on these types of payments.

What type of information will I be required to provide to initiate a payment to a one-time payee?

Name of the recipient, mailing address, payment amount, and the source of funds for the payment.